This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A California Woman Banishes Computer Viruses With Magic
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Apparently, some of the coolest fashion you can see is worn by the senior citizens of San Francisco's Chinatown.
- If that virus you accidentally downloaded is too pervasive for the anti-virus software you're currently using, try talking to this witch.
- If you're bored with Emo Kylo Ren (@KyloR3n), how about @dadjokehansolo?
- Welp, the third rare, venomous sea snake has made an appearance on a SoCal beach, this time in Coronado.
- David Bowie had many roles, but a lesser known one was voicing a Spongebob character.
- A woman has filed a claim against EOS lip balm, saying it caused numerous painful blisters around her mouth.
- Apparently, you can now listen to a sultry phone sex hotline from candidate Bernie Sanders. Except that it's not really Bernie, of course, but it's still fun.
- If you like Adult Swim's Rick and Morty, there's now a Pokemon-esque game on iOS called 'Pocket Mortys.' Wubba-lubba-dub-dub.
- Here's a cool, old map that once hung in the Tavern at the Hotel Clark at Hill and 5th, showcasing 'drinks of the world.'
- And finally, here's a chill cat.
My favorite masseur Amurin Filippus. New massage services!
Posted by Olga Perelygina on Saturday, January 9, 2016
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.