This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Best Times To Drive On Thanksgiving
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A master sushi chef transformed a Big Mac and fries into a roll.
- Here's a map of LAX in 1936, when it was just a baby known as Municipal Airport Mines Field.
- Wondering when to make your Thanksgiving journeys? Here are the worst times to drive in L.A. on Thanksgiving.
- Seagulls, as it turns out, are probably jerks.
- Feel like rage-blocking or unfriending your ex is immature in our modern times? Facebook is experimenting with a feature that would allow you to see less of and share less with your ex without giving them the boot.
- Back in the 1930s, there were a number of Nazi-themed summer camps in the U.S. Children wore uniforms with swastikas on them and learned how to sing German songs.
- If you liked the film Nightcrawler, VICE did a ride-along with a real-life nightcrawler in Canada. =
- And finally, here is a cat who is friends with a squirrel.