86% of Metro Riders Satisfied With Service, 90% Feel Safe
The results of a rider survey were released by Metro today, indicating that 86 percent of rail and bus users either agree or strongly agree that they are satisfied with Metro's service. The on-board survey was conducted in June and July 2010, and complied the feedback of over 17,500 Metro users.Of those surveyed, only 14 percent expressed disagreement that their Metro experience was satisfying. 79 percent say they believe that Metro's system is better now than it was a year ago, while 75 percent say that their bus and/or train is generally on time.
Other data from the survey:
- 84 percent say the bus operator on their particular line was courteous
- 85 percent say they normally have a seat (up from 81 percent in 2008)
- 84 percent say they use the Metro system primarily to commute to and from work
- 25 percent say they did have a vehicle available to make their trip but chose Metro as an alternative to driving.
- 90 percent say they feel safe riding the Metro system
- 78 percent say they found it easy to find and purchase Metro passes
- 53 percent say they use the TAP card
- 71 percent say they prefer using the TAP card over paper passes