11 Cases of Swine Flu Confirmed in LA County
As predicted by health officials last week, Swine Flu would undoubtedly hit Los Angeles County. That news came Saturday night shortly before the 11 p.m. news hour--it was a total of three then--and today the number was upped to 11 across the county. Five of those cases are in Long Beach.
The best advise is not to stress yourself out over this and just make sure you keep healthy. Here are recommendations--you've heard them over and over again--from Long Beach Health Department:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into clothing (sleeves)
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, or nose if you have not recently washed your hands
- Eat healthy food, drink plenty of water, exercise, get plenty of rest, do not smoke and avoid alcoholic beverages.