Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This


Suspect Arrested In Attack At SoFi Stadium That Left 49ers Fan In Coma

Rows of cars parked in front of SoFi Stadium. Six silver pillars appear to hold up the thin roof line of the stadium with a sign that read SoFi Stadium on it.
Cars parked at the SoFi Stadium during a game between the Los Angeles Rams and the San Francisco 49ers on January 30, 2022 in Inglewood, CA.
(Brian Feinzimer for LAist)
Before you
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your tax-deductible financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.

Inglewood police say 33-year-old Bryan Alexis Cifuentes Rossell has been arrested in connection with a violent altercation at SoFi Stadium that left 49ers fan Daniel Luna in a medically induced coma. The incident happened in the stadium parking lot before Sunday's NFC Championship game.

Inglewood PD officers traced Cifuentes' vehicle based on security video of the incident. Officers made contact with him at his place of work in Montebello and took him to Inglewood PD where he was arrested and booked for felony assault.

He is currently out of jail after after posting a $30,000 bail bond. The case will now be turned over to the L.A. County District Attorney's office for review.

According to Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts Jr., "very blurry" security video shows that Luna shoved a man wearing a Rams jersey from behind. The man then hit Luna, who fell and hit his head on the ground. Luna was so severely hurt that he was placed in a medically induced coma.

Support for LAist comes from

Questions are being raised about whether officials tried to keep the incident under wraps to avoid bad PR before the Super Bowl. The Los Angeles Times broke the story on Wednesday. Butts insists police only realized a crime had occurred after reviewing the security footage.

Stadium officials released a statement saying that they're cooperating with the investigation.