Tackling COVID-19 Stress And Addiction
Since the pandemic has people spending more time isolated at home, reports of substance abuse among teens have been on the rise, acccording to Sarah Blanch, who works with local prevention groups and the Los Angeles County Health Department. She says:
"There’s a lot of stress or pressure that teenagers face that pushes them to vape or experiment with alcohol or drugs."
- Monday is dedicated to opiod and prescription drug use.
- Thursday is going to be about marijuana and tobacco use among youth.
To RSVP for the Los Angeles events, go to the L.A. County Prevention Providers website at LACPP.org.
MORE ON COVID-18 AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE
SOME RESOURCES IF YOU NEED HELP:
- LA County's Substance Abuse Service Helpline: 1-844-804-7500
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Dealing With Addiction — From Hazeldon Betty Ford Foundation