It’s Super Tuesday, Mar. 3 And Here Are The Stories We’re Following Today
For real though, it’s time to vote. In case you missed it, polling places are out, voting centers are in. As long as you’re registered, you can vote at any center in L.A. County.
Also, if you’re still not entirely sure what Prop. 13 is, who’s running for Superior Court Judge or what Measure R will mean for the county, this is a judgement-free zone: Check out our voting guide for everything you need to know about L.A.’s local races.
Here’s what else we’re following:
- The ports of L.A. and Long Beach may be laying off people due to decreased trade caused by coronavirus, reports David Wagner.
- Mariana Dale reports on a preschool in the San Fernando Valley that’s working with teachers to help students cope with trauma.
- Libby Denkmann has your reality check on why California may take a bit of time to count votes and determine winners.
- Stay right here on The LATEST for full coverage of local elections, with reporters at voting centers, election parties and local hotspots to talk to candidates and stakeholders alike.
In Case You Missed It:
- On the eve of election day, District Attorney Jackie Lacey’s husband pointed a gun at protesters outside their home.
- The Pantages Theatre is renovating its iconic neon sign.
- The OC Democrats reported that their office was vandalized over the weekend with white nationalist propaganda.
Help Us Cover Your Community:
- Got something you’ve always wanted to know about Southern California and the people who call it home? Is there an issue you want us to cover? Ask us anything >>
- Have a tip about news on which we should dig deeper? Let us know >>
The news cycle moves fast. Some stories don't pan out. Others get added. Consider this today's first draft.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.