Sunday's LA Protests: Where, When And What We Know
Many protests against racism and police brutality are planned for a 12th day in Southern California. Demonstrators are demanding justice for black Americans killed by police officers, as well as asking officials to defund the L.A. Police Department.
PROTESTS TODAY: WHERE AND WHEN
Note: This is by no means an exhaustive list. Let us know if we missed anything and we will update.
Santa Monica, (bike ride), Santa Monica Courthouse, 11 a.m.
Pacific Palisades, El Medio Bluffs, 11 a.m.
Hollywood, 925 Western Ave., 11:30 a.m.
West Covina, 100 Barranca St. (I-10 freeway overpass), noon
Compton, (Compton Cowboys horse ride) Gateway Towne Center, 1621 Towne Center Dr., noon
Venice, First Baptist Church, 685 Westminster Ave., noon
Compton, Greenleaf & Central Ave., noon
Boyle Heights, (car caravan), Mariachi Plaza, noon
East L.A., (car caravan), East L.A. Library, noon
Pasadena, La Pintoresca Park, Fair Oaks & Washington, noon
Newport Beach, Backbay Science Center, 600 Shellmaker Rd., 2 p.m.
East L.A., Atlantic Avenue Park, 570 S. Atlantic Ave., 3 p.m.
Glendale, 325 W. Doran St., 3 p.m.
Hollywood, 1750 Vine St., 4 p.m.
Glendale, 613 E. Broadway, 4:30 p.m.
Compton, Compton Blvd. between Acacia and Willowbrook avenues, 6:30 p.m.
- How Does Race Shape Your Life In LA? Tell Us
- Conflicted: A Black Journalist's Reckoning With Her Race, Family And Police Brutality
- Photos: In A Different Kind of Protest, Hundreds Clean Up South LA Streets
- Police Union Excoriates Mayor Over Budget Cuts, 'Killers' Comment
- Agonizing Over What I Saw: Reporting on Protests, Looting And Cleanup In Santa Monica
- The False Dichotomy Of Protest Coverage So Far
- What Happens After George Floyd? California Leaders Are Considering Reparations
- LA Civil Rights Leader On Police Brutality, Protests: We're In The Last Battles Of The Civil War
- KPCC/LAist Reporters Tear-Gassed, Shot With Rubber Bullet
- Black Lives Matter-LA Leader Explains 'Very Deliberate' Choice To Demonstrate In Upscale Neighborhoods
- Mis Ángeles: George Floyd Should Be Home With His Family Right Now
- George Floyd's Death Is One Of Many Reasons Activists Are Pushing For A 'People's Budget' In LA