LeBron James Goes Off-Script To Speak To Laker Nation At First Game Since Kobe's Death
Before LeBron James spoke about his good friend, he made sure he said the names of all nine people killed in the Sunday morning helicopter crash: Alyssa Altobelli, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Payton Chester, Sarah Chester, Christina Mauser, Ara Zoboyan, Gianna Bryant.
And finally, Kobe Bryant.
It had already been a tearful evening of pre-game tributes before the Lakers took the court for the first time since the fatal crash. Then James took the mic.
"I got something written down. They asked me to kinda stay on course or whatever the case might be, but Laker Nation I'd be selling y'all short if I read from this s--- so I'm going straight from the heart."
- Listen: Why Kobe's Death Hurt L.A. So Much (LAist)
- Why Chinese Fans Loved Kobe Bryant So Much (LAist)
- A New Kobe Mural Is Going Up At 1st And La Brea (LAist)
- 'Kobe And Carne Asada' - At Plaza Mexico No More Bryant Jerseys Left For Sale (LAist)
- LeBron Breaks Silence, New Murals, Lakers Lights: The Most LA Tributes To Kobe Bryant (LAist)