Where to Get a Juicy Lucy, Lamill Coffee, and KBBQ in DTLA, All in One Place
Today was the big announcement about the forthcoming food options at FIGAT7TH, the shopping area in Downtown L.A. that's in the midst of a $40-million renovation. Called TASTE FIGAT7TH, the quick-service café-style dining area will have eclectic international fare available for hungry shoppers.
The casual eateries slated to anchor the indoor-outdoor "food court" are hailed as "chef-driven," and promise to offer patrons a "unique dining experience" that will "reflect the heart and soul of Downtown — fresh, creative and eclectic," according to property management Brookfield's National Director of Retail Leasing Edward Hogan, who added: "TASTE will showcase the unique talents and flavor profiles that are shaping the contemporary Los Angeles culinary landscape.”
Confirmed anchors include L.A. staples Loteria, Lamill Coffee, and Park's BBQ, along with some other tasty tenants.
Here's a full break down of who will be at TASTE FIGAT7TH:
• Juicy Lucy - Chef Paul Shoemaker will open his first downtown location with a concept dedicated to the art of the burger and his signature “Juicy Lucy” cheeseburger made famous at his top-rated Malibu restaurant, Savory. Shoemaker, a 2012 James Beard Award semi-finalist, who also recently earned a “Top Newcomer 2012” award for Savory from Zagat, originally earned his rising star status on the LA dining scene as a critically acclaimed Chef for Bastide, Providence and Water Grill among others.
• Loteria Grill - Award-winning Chef Jimmy Shaw brings the newest installment of his top-rated Los Angeles restaurant. Showcasing the best in traditional Mexican cuisine from distinct regions, Loteria Grill features bold flavors, fresh ingredients and traditional recipes, with hand-crafted Tortas sandwiches to be added to his vibrant menu for his downtown location.
• Lamill Coffee - Coffee connoisseur Craig Min, founder of Lamill, will open his newest café with partner and iconic chef Michael Mina of the Mina Group. Lamill will offer only the best of handcrafted, self-roasted gourmet coffee beverages and beans, along with exotic teas and delectable, inspired foods from the kitchen of Michael Mina.
• Oleego by Park’s Barbeque - Jenee Kim, a global phenomenon and the culinary force behind LA’s top-rated Korean BBQ restaurant, brings her Korea Town favorite to downtown with a new installment of her award-winning Korean BBQ sensation, blending traditional flavors with modern sensibilities and fresh ingredients.
• Indus - Chef Bhupender Singh, the head chef and owner of Ambrosia in Monterrey, CA, will offer up a fresh spin on his award-winning Indian cuisine, featuring a signature blend of authentic and flavorful Indian cooking served in a contemporary, casual environment. Indus will feature two full traditional clay Tandoor ovens, positioned directly in front of the customer. One tandoor is dedicated to freshly-baked naan bread, with the other dedicated to Tandoori Chicken. Singh will also include a selection of traditional Indian curries such as Chicken Tikka Masala and Saag Paneer along with a selection of unique Indian fusion dishes created by Chef Singh.
• Choppe Choppe - Chef Jeffrey Price’s focus on sourcing his produce from local growers and proteins from organic farms has made this causal concept a favorite serving a wide variety of fresh, handcrafted sandwiches, soups and eclectic appetizers.
The shops, and these restaurants, are expected to open in October.