It's Time for Another Beer Float Showdown!
Once again, some of the city's top brewers are going to face off for the Beer Float Showdown, hosted by FoodGPS. Happening during LA Beer Week, the October 15th event at the Eagle Rock Brewery will have a new twist this year: Five well-known top local chefs are teaming up with the breweries to make their beer-meets-ice-cream concoctions. Plus, as an attendee, you're a judge!
Here are the teams:
- Chef Ilan Hall of The Gorbals and “Top Chef” + Tustin Brewery brewmaster and Smog City Brewing Co. brewer/owner Jonathan Porter
- Chef CJ Jacobson of The Yard and “Top Chef” + Firestone Walker rep Jace Milstead
- Chef Laurent Quenioux of Vertical Wine Bistro and LQ@SK + Beachwood BBQ and Brewing brewmaster Julian Shrago and co-owner Gabe Gordon
- Chefs Andre Guerrero + Jan Purdy of The Oinkster and Maximiliano + Eagle Rock Brewery brewmaster Jeremy Raub
- Chef Thi Tran and Nguyen Tran of Starry Kitchen + Ladyface Ale Companie brewmaster Dave Griffiths and owner Cyrena Nouzille
Your ticket ($35) gets you tastes of all five of the entries, and 25% of the proceeds will go to Share Our Strength, so your beer money is going to do some good and help get food to some kids who need it. To the winner goes the glory, and a $500 prize.