New 'Food For Thought' Supper Club Pairs Philanthropy With Pop-Up Dining
A new pop-up dining event is teaming up good work and good food and drink for where the 100% of the proceeds benefit a high-profile cause. "Food For Thought" kicks off tomorrow night with its inaugural event, pairing Echo Park's City Sip Wine Bar and Large Marge Sustainables with Medicines Global for a dinner at The Green Beacon Foundation in Elysian Heights, where each of the dinners will take place.
The dinners are envisioned as a "sustainable supper club" event, where the food and drink are eco-conscious. The Green Beacon is a community resource, where they demonstrate the feasibility of "going green" through workshops, lectures, and events they host on site.
The menu for tomorrow night's dinner is as follows:
- Chilled Straus yogurt Persian cucumber soup with Kanon Organic Vodka served in martini glasses
- Sweet melon carpaccio with mint, jalapeño, lime juice, sea salt and Verni's California extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic-hardwood-roasted pork from Jimenez Farms, white beans in cumin-mint-cilantro chutney, grilled peaches and zucchini on house baked corn tortilla
- Vegetarian/Vegan option: Marinated-grilled portobellos, white beans in cumin-mint-cilantro chutney, grilled peaches and zucchini on house baked corn tortilla
- Coconut rice pudding with grilled caramelized mango, pistachios and citronge
Each course will feature a boutique wine pairing provided by Nicole Daddio & City Sip Wine Bar. The meal is $65 per person [tickets], with all of the proceeds going to the charity of the month. The first charity is Medicines Global, a local charity with worldwide reach whose mission includes inspiring global adventurists to give back to the places that they visit by delivering basic first aid supplies and provisions to remote and community based medical centers in the host locale.
Food For Thought: City Sip & Large Marge for Medcines Global
Monday July 25th at 7 p.m. @The Green Beacon