All The #ElectionDay 2018 Food And Booze Freebies And Deals
The rewards of living in a democratic nation where venal, power-hungry politicians can be voted out of office should be enough. But a free cookie and a cheap cocktail never hurt.
Los Angeles restaurants and bars are offering some great perks for anyone who voted in what might be The Most Important Election Of Your Life. So go vote in the 2018 midterms. Then whip out your "I Voted" 🇺🇸 sticker and enjoy these food and drink deals, because they're only valid on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018.
- At The Village Bakery & Cafe in Atwater Village, your "I Voted" sticker gets you a free "I Voted" cookie.
- Customers who come to CREAM (it stands for "Cookies Rule Everything Around Me") in North Hollywood or Northridge wearing an "I Voted" sticker will get 20% off their entire order.
- Klatch Coffee will offer guests with an "I Voted" sticker a 6-ounce traditional cappuccino for $2.18. The deal is good at their Redondo Beach, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario and San Dimas locations.
- One cent beers are the big draw at several bars including Tony's Darts Away in Burbank, Mohawk Bend in Echo Park, Beelman's and Spring St. Bar in DTLA, Bluebird Brasserie in Sherman Oaks and Miracle Mile. They're all part of Artisanal Brewers Collective, a hospitality group.
- Sage Vegan Bistro, with locations in Echo Park, Culver City and Pasadena, is discounting their Russian Collusion cocktail, a riff on the White Russian.
- Show your "I Voted" sticker at Michael's Santa Monica and they'll take 10% off your bill, as long as you're hanging in the bar and lounge area.
- At Blue Palms Brewhouse in Hollywood, hand in your "I Voted" sticker and you'll get a free draft beer
- If you're wearing your "I Voted" sticker or can prove that you voted, you'll get 20% off one item at Yoga-Urt, an organic, vegan froyo shop in Glendale.
- At The Hermosillo in Highland Park, your "I Voted" sticker gets you any item at half-price. That includes drinks and food so you can pick a pint of beer, a glass of wine or a burger.
- At whiskey bar Seven Grand in DTLA, your "I Voted" sticker gets you $6 highballs all night.
- At The Oinkster in Eagle Rock, mention voting when you buy any sandwich and they'll upgrade it to a combo, for free.
- Visit Plush Puffs Hand-Crafted Marshmallows in Burbank with proof that you voted and you'll get a free s'more.
- At Shake Shack, which has several locations around SoCal, score free fries with any purchase either by showing your "I Voted" sticker or by adding crinkle cuts to your order and using the code "ivoted" in the Shack App.
- British pub The Fox and Hounds in Studio City will give you a free draft pint or soft drink when you show your ballot stub or "I Voted" sticker.
- Visit one of the three Go Get Em Tiger locations -- in Larchmont, Los Feliz and Highland Park -- while wearing your "I voted" sticker to receive $5 toward any beverage. This deal is also good at G&B Coffee in DTLA.
- Alfred Coffee -- in Melrose, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Studio City, Koreatown and Silver Lake -- will give you 10% off your order with an "I Voted" sticker.
- Display your "I Voted" sticker at Azulé Taqueria in Santa Monica and you'll receive a free churro.
- Buy one appetizer, get another one free at Westwood pub Broxton if you've got an "I Voted" sticker.
- Gellateria Uli in downtown L.A. and on West Third Street will take 15% off all scoops for a peek at your "I Voted" sticker.
- Stop in at McConnell's Ice Cream in Studio City, Los Feliz, Highland Park or the Grand Central Market in downtown L.A., show your "I Voted" sticker and get a free single scoop.
- The Association, a snazzy bar in DTLA's historic core, will take 1/3 off your bar tab. Doors open at 5 p.m.
- Also in DTLA, Luppetti Pizzeria will give you a free slice of pizza or a free beer when you flash your "I Voted" sticker.
- For another kind of pie, The Pie Hole, with eight locations in SoCal -- DTLA, Glendale, Pasadena, Hollywood, Venice, Long Beach, Orange and Rancho Cucamonga -- will give you one of their brand new pie holes when you show your "I Voted" sticker.
- Thirsty Crow in Silver Lake, Idle Hour in North Hollywood and Sassafras Saloon in Hollywood will all be pouring $1 Moscow Mules for anyone flashing an "I Voted" sticker -- but only from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (or while supplies last).
- The other bars owned by the 1933 Group -- Highland Park Bowl, Bigfoot Lodge in Atwater Village, Bigfoot Lodge and Oldfield's in Culver City, Harlowe in West Hollywood -- will be pouring $1 Old Fashioneds from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. for anyone with an "I Voted" sticker.
- Visit Rooftop Cinema Club, which is screening Romeo + Juliet, and get a free popcorn when you flash your "I Voted" sticker.
- Visit speakeasy-themed Bird & Bees in DTLA, where proof of voting gets you $5 Old Fashioneds and daiquiris.
- At Cornish pub The Stalking Horse on the westside, come with your "I Voted" sticker and when you buy select appetizers, you'll get another appetizer for a penny.
- At Momed in either Beverly Hills or Atwater Village, bring your "I Voted" sticker and get a free baklava. The Atwater Momed will be showing the election results on a big screen TV and every time a congressional or senate seat flips, they'll offer $5 drink specials for five minutes. There's also an all night happy hour for guests dining at the bar or bar bridge.
- Get a free cuppa joe (drip coffee, to be exact) at either Square One location -- Silver Lake or Hollywood -- when you flash your "I Voted" sticker. It goes perfectly with one of their breakfasts.
- Buy one beer and you'll get get another beer for a penny at DTLA's Corner Cantina. Yes, you will need to show your "I Voted" sticker.
- Ester's Wine Shop & Bar in Santa Monica will host an all-night happy hour from 3 p.m. until closing.
- Highland Park bar The Greyhound Bar & Grill -- which we recently featured as one of the most accessible bars in northeast L.A. -- is offering 50% off their signature chicken wings or veggie wings with an "I Voted" sticker.
- Little Tokyo in DTLA has a few deals. Visit Prime Pizza for a free slice of cheese pizza then head to Cafe Dulce for a free donut hole. Both deals are only good while supplies last and you'll need your "I Voted" sticker.
- Also in Little Tokyo, Baldoria DTLA is offering extended happy hour deals from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. along with a live election results watching party. Be sure to bring your "I Voted" sticker.
- Lemonade -- with locations in downtown, Glendale, mid-city, Pasadena, Studio City, the westside, the South Bay and Orange County -- will be offering a free cold-pressed lemonade with purchase when you display your "I Voted" sticker. This deal is available at all locations.
- At HomeState, known for its queso and breakfast tacos, show up to either location wearing your "I Voted" sticker and get one of their house-made salted chocolate chip cookies for free. The Los Feliz location closes early, at 3 p.m., but the Highland Park location stays open until 10 p.m.
- When you come into any of the various Roy's locations -- Pasadena, Newport Beach, Woodland Hills, Anaheim -- on Election Night, you'll get a three-ounce pour of Dom Perignon for only $1 when you purchase an entrée.
- Wine bar Melody in Virgil Village says if you show your ballot stub or "I Voted" sticker or simply shout, "Kurt Vile for president," you'll get 15% off all beverages. They'll also be extending Happy Hour deals all night for those who voted today.
- Granville Cafe in WeHo will let you pick a complimentary appetizer, cocktail or dessert when you show your "I Voted" sticker.
- Coolhaus will be giving out free election dips and toppings on any ice cream sandwich that you buy at its flagship location, in Culver City.
- Blaze Pizza is offering free delivery all day from any of its gajillion locations. Order your favorite pizza through the company's app or online ordering system and they'll take care of the delivery fees.
Now, get out there and vote!
You made it! Congrats, you read the entire story, you gorgeous human. This story was made possible by generous people like you. Independent, local journalism costs $$$$$. And now that LAist is part of KPCC, we rely on that support. So if you aren't already, be one of us! Help us help you live your best life in Southern California. Donate now.