Are These the 10 Best Burgers in the OC?
Burger lovers from behind the Orange Curtain, it's your time to shine! A Banh mi burger, fare from a favorite SoCal chain, the concoction of a gastropub... All's fair in love and the all mighty hamburger wars, including in the OC. Today the OC Weekly's Stick a Fork In It blog names their picks for 10 Great Burgers.
From the classic cheeseburger combo at a skate and surf hangout TK Burger to the OC's homegrown answer to the Counter, Slater's 50/50, (where the blog's pick is something called the "Peanut Butter and Jellousy"--oh my!) and even good ol' In-n-Out, the list is as varied as burger toppings themselves can be.
The number one spot, though, goes to a burger joint whose chef L.A. diners might be familiar with: Joseph Mahon, formerly of Bastide, went home to Fullerton and pop-upped with a burger spot; now the Burger Parlor is setting up permanent shop.
Here are their picks:
1. Burger Parlor, Fullerton
2. Peter's Gourmade Grill, Newport Beach
3. Playground, Santa Ana
4. Slater's 50/50, Anaheim & Huntington Beach
5. Haven Gastropub, Orange (& Pasadena)
6. TK Burger, multiple locations
7. Original Mike's, Santa Ana
8. In-N-Out, multiple locations
9. Riders Club Cafe, San Clemente
10. Pee Wee's, Huntington Beach
If you've got a favorite OC burger, did yours made their list?