This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win Tickets to See LACO's 'Mozart's Prague' Next Weekend
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra wants to take you on an exciting musical journey, where the listener can travel back in time to 1787 Prague and the debut of Mozart's Symphony No. 38 in D major, and then to the genre-bending realm of the work of Derek Bermel's Mar de Setembro (“September Sea”), and we are giving away 2 pairs of tickets to the Saturday, May 14th performance. The full program of the show, which is happening at the Alex Theatre is:
* Mendelssohn Concerto in D minor for Violin and Piano listen
* Derek Bermel Mar de Setembro (“September Sea”) Sound Investment commission (world premiere)
* Mozart Symphony No. 38 in D major, K. 504, “Prague” listen
"September Sea," features the vocal talents of Brazilian-born and Los Angeles-based Luciana Souza, of whom Entertainment Weekly said: “Her voice traces a landscape of emotion that knows no boundaries.”
* Enter the contest by submitting the form included in this post.
* Only one entry per person allowed.
* Comments will be accepted through Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 08:59:59 p.m.
* Two (2) qualifying entries will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via e-mail. The winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by Noon on Friday, May 13, 2011 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
* A pair of tickets will be held at will call under the winner's name as it is found on their drivers license or state-issued I.D.
Fill out your info right here in the post, and click on "submit entry."