This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Street Closures For The 2015 Oscars
Hollywood's big ole party to itself is happening next Sunday, so get ready for sidewalk and road closures in the area as they prep for the 87th annual Oscars, happening on February 22.The first closures happen Sunday night (tonight!) at 10 p.m., when Hollywood Boulevard is shut down between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue. It'll remain blocked off until 6 a.m., February 24. On the day of the ceremony, the Metro Red Line will bypass the Hollywood and Highland station, and Metro bus service will be re-routed.
Here's the lengthy list of the rest of the closures ahead of the ceremony:
Effective Sunday, Feb. 15:
- At 6 p.m., the south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard between Orange and Highland
will be restricted to an 8-foot path.
- At 10 p.m the north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard directly in front of the
Dolby Theatre will be closed.
- At 10 p.m. the north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange, will be restricted to an 8-foot path
- At 10 p.m. the crosswalk on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange will be closed.
Effective Friday, February 20:
- Hawthorn Avenue between Highland and Orange will be closed.
Effective Saturday, February 21:
- Orchid Street will close 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
- Orange Drive will close from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
- The north and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue will close from Highland to Orange.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close from Highland to Orange.
- The west sidewalk of Highland will close from Johnny Grant Way to Hollywood Boulevard. - - Johnny Grant Way will be closed from Highland to Orchid Street.
Effective Oscar Sunday, February 22:
- Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and from Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
- Hawthorn Avenue will be closed between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from
Highland and McCadden Place.
- McCadden Place will be closed from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Wilcox Avenue will be closed between Sunset and Cahuenga Boulevards.
- Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland will be closed.
- Orange Drive will close from Hawthorn to Hollywood Boulevard.
- North and south sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to
300 feet east of Highland will close.
- South sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close directly in
front of the north-south running Hawthorn Alley.
- East and west sidewalks of Highland from Hollywood Boulevard to Hawthorn will be closed.
- East sidewalk of Highland will close from Yucca Street south to the alley.