Marilyn Manson Is Still Weird, And Apparently Afraid Of Bathtubs And Being Naked
Perhaps you've seen Marilyn Manson, stalking around at night in Hollywood or sipping on vodka at Chateau Marmont, and you were wondering if he's still as weird as you remember. According to a recent interview in Rolling Stone, the answer would be yes. Or at least he still wants us to think so.Manson, now 45, will release his ninth studio album, The Pale Emperor on January 20, so the prose-y profile "The Vampire of Hollywood Hills" by
1. Manson is afraid that his house might burn down at any time, so when he has sex, he never takes his underwear all the way off in case he has to flee. Also, the lights have to be off because he's shy, and he and his girlfriend Lindsay Usich have to do it between five to ten times a day.
2. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie once gave him a beaver rug. He put it on top of an antique abortionist's chair he owns and apparently had sex on it—maybe with someone he wasn't supposed to (Evan Rachel Wood?), because he said the incident "may or may not have resulted in my divorce." He concluded this story with, "Don't fear the beaver." Manson has only been married once, to burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese.
3. He and his BFF Johnny Depp have matching tattoos. "No reason" written on their wrists, and a nod to poet Charles Baudelaire on their backs.
4. He uses a blacklight flashlight to check for sperm. His girlfriend uses it to check for sperm on his underwear to see what he's been up to. Sounds more complicated than just asking.
5. His eyeliner of choice is MAC's Smolder Kohl, which he says smudges well.
6. He likes to shoplift, but then tells the store about it. "So technically it's not shoplifting," he said.
7. He doesn't like showering, and is afraid of bathtubs. He chalks this up to his mother bathing him as a kid and his kid-self not really liking it. He said his mother had Münchausen syndrome by Proxy—a condition in which a parent or caregiver makes up or creates illnesses in their child or patient—and this explains why Manson thought he was allergic to eggs and fabric softener as a kid. He also had surgery to remove his long earlobes after becoming famous because of his mother's comments about them.
Stay weird, Marilyn.