This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Rihanna Checks In At Bates Motel, Does Whatever She Wants
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race premiered last week to recording breaking numbers. It's only one in a few things the show should be proud of— Drag Race also cast its first openly-transgender queen, the NYC-based performer, Peppermint.
- Rihanna’s Bates Motel shower scene was very Rihanna.
- In the latest nightmare to come from Washington D.C., Congress voted to overturn internet privacy rules, making it easier for internet providers to sell your browsing history and track your online habits.
- A rodent was discovered with a humanlike menstrual cycle, which could promote more research on healthy menstrual function and hormone regulation. And perhaps, dare we ask, a future without cramps? Thank you, science!
- Lana Del Rey got her own Snapchat filter and of course, it’s a dreamy flower crown.
- Emmy Rossum is the latest Hollywood star to be burglarized this year. Honestly, is there another bling ring on the loose?
- Even years after the series finale, The Sopranos never gets old: