Got Art & 'Net Skills? Work for Nine Inch Nails!
A job listing popped on Craigslist yesterday that might be music to the right web and graphics dork's ears. It seems Nine Inch Nails is on the prowl for "an internet-savvy web and graphics assistant who will work with an art director on a wide variety of tasks relating to web development, graphic design, video editing/production, and online marketing."
But the funniest bit about the gig comes in the brief mention of how the workday might go. Telecommute with lots of online and telephone check-ins are to be expected, and of course some "on-site work" in LA come with the territory, but if you're looking for a traditional time-clock, look elsewhere: "Hours would be flexible and sometimes odd." Hmmm... perhaps bossman Reznor only comes out during the witching hours?
Reznor recently completed his contract with Interscope records by releasing Ghosts I-IV, a 36-track instrumental album, and is now operating as a free agent. Looks like he's diving in full throttle to the world of the web. Maybe you can take the plunge with him...
NIN Internet-Savvy Web and Graphic Assistant (Los Angeles) Reply to: email@example.com Date: 2008-04-25, 1:01PM PDT Nine Inch Nails is looking for The ideal person has a flexible and growable range of computer-related skills, and can quickly adapt to software or processes they're not familiar with. Strong web programming skills, a good sense of design and graphics creation/manipulation, and .
This is a unique position because of the wide range of disciplines it covers. The ideal candidate is at the very least strong with web programming, Photoshop, and general internet/computer knowledge, and is able and eager to learn or become proficient in new disciplines quickly.
Work would be done mostly from home, with communication via internet and phone. Sometimes on-site work in the Los Angeles area would be required.
- Intimate knowledge of the web, websites, internet culture and trends, etc. Would be helping to maintain NIN presence on various web 2.0 sites.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop (basic image editing/cropping/resizing)
- Has good visual taste and design sensibilities, and can create new designs/layouts from an established aesthetic.
- Basic knowledge of Final Cut Pro and common video file formats/compression tools.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new computer-related skills.
- Experience with print production/layout software like Quark and InDesign a plus.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of After Effects and/or Motion a plus.
- Must be SUPER Mac-friendly, even if their primary computer is a PC.
* Location: Los Angeles
* Compensation: 40K-50K, depending on experience.
* OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.