Extra, Extra: Whoa, The Trailer For 'The Jungle Book' Is Gorgeous
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Welp, Colorado announced that the state made more green off the sale of marijuana than alcohol in the last year.
- Late Late Show James Corden took Stevie Wonder on one of his carpool karaoke sessions. The pair jammed out to "Superstitious" while Wonder took the wheel.
- Soon, you might be able to fold your smartphone in half like a little book. That's Samsung's plan for a new design that could come out in 2016.
- Disney released a trailer for Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book, and wow, is it stunning. This live-action/CGI adaptation looks absolutely gorgeous and more intense that the '60s cartoon. Also, can't say we hate Ssssscarlett Johanssssssson as the snake.
- What happens when you put a bunch of squeaky, rubber ducks together and then unleash their quacks all at the same time? Mythbuster's Adam Savage tried it out, and it sounds like something out of Necronomicon.
- Jon Snow Watch: Kit Harrington may have just given away some serious spoilers regarding his character's mortality during an interview about Game of Thrones with a Belgian magazine. Read at your own risk.
- In Snellville, Georgia, a woman was unsatisfied with the cleanliness of her car after a $40 detailing, so she brought her car back the next day. She saw a receipt on her windshield that she was never supposed to see that said, "Bitch is crazy." To prove them wrong, she called the police.
- And finally, a smiley face we can all relate to sometimes: