Extra, Extra: Whale On The Loose!
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Rescuers are off the Southern California coast trying to save a fin whale with what appears to be a fishing line wrapped around it. Fin whales are the second largest animals, behind the blue whale, and considered an endangered species.
- A federal court ruled that yoga poses can't be copyrighted.
- Our new favorite Twitter account is a dancing skeleton. Check out those moves!
- Why are people mad about this new Campbell's Soup ad? Because the kid in it has two dads. Of course.
- Boo! A really creepy and terrifying Halloween display just a block away from an elementary school is scaring the hell out of some kids.
- How many hours are you dedicating to TV this fall? Let this calculator figure it out for you.
- Iceland (where else?) will get some pretty magical electrical towers soon.
- This guy takes his hamster for walks with an eensy, weensy leash. Way too cute.
- Prince Fielder, professional athlete.
- Finally, on this day in baseball history, Derek Jeter hit a fly ball that 13-year-old Jeffrey Maier reached over the wall and grabbed over the waiting glove of Orioles outfielder Tony Tarasco. The umps ruled it a home run and the Yankees would win the game and eventually the series.