Extra, Extra: Whale On The Loose!
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Rescuers are off the Southern California coast trying to save a fin whale with what appears to be a fishing line wrapped around it. Fin whales are the second largest animals, behind the blue whale, and considered an endangered species.
- A federal court ruled that yoga poses can't be copyrighted.
- Our new favorite Twitter account is a dancing skeleton. Check out those moves!
- Why are people mad about this new Campbell's Soup ad? Because the kid in it has two dads. Of course.
- Boo! A really creepy and terrifying Halloween display just a block away from an elementary school is scaring the hell out of some kids.
- How many hours are you dedicating to TV this fall? Let this calculator figure it out for you.
- Iceland (where else?) will get some pretty magical electrical towers soon.
- This guy takes his hamster for walks with an eensy, weensy leash. Way too cute.
- Prince Fielder, professional athlete.
- Finally, on this day in baseball history, Derek Jeter hit a fly ball that 13-year-old Jeffrey Maier reached over the wall and grabbed over the waiting glove of Orioles outfielder Tony Tarasco. The umps ruled it a home run and the Yankees would win the game and eventually the series.