This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Where To Find The Most Candy In L.A. This Halloween
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- This man with a $6 billion fundraising plan is trying to turn USC into the Stanford of SoCal.
- An Irvine dad is making some really cool and creative costumes for his daughter. Even Katy Perry is impressed.
- We've discovered our new favorite fad diet: the pizza diet. Likethis guy, we think eating six slices of pizza a day sounds great, we're just not so sure about all that bicycle riding.
- And in related news, we're happy to report that the world's oldest woman, 116 year-old Susannah Mushatt Jones, maintains a steady diet of bacon every day.
- It seems former NWA manager Jerry Heller is not pleased with Paul Giamatti's portrayal of him as the"bad guy" in Straight Outta Compton and is suing Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and others involved with the movie.
- Google Street View has always had a bit of a creepy, lurker-vibe to it, but these haunted scenes for Halloween take the Creep View to the next level.
- When you're out trick-or-treating this weekend, be sure to keep an eye out for giant, inflatable pumpkins that might be rolling your way. It's like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man for Halloween.
- Speaking of strong winds and a lot of hot air, brace yourself for 9 awful pieces of writing about the Santa Ana winds.
- If you're hoping to cash in big on candy this Halloween, put on your best costume and head one (or all) of L.A.'s most "candy-dense" neighborhoods.
- Of course, should you decide to stay in and bake your own Halloween treats this year, just watch out for the kind of trouble that certain brownie recipes can get you in.
- One of our favorite Halloween costumes this year has to be this Empire Strikes Back snowspeeder that a dad in Murrieta made for his 7-year-old son's wheelchair.
- And finally, if you are need for some Halloween costume-inspiration for your pets this year, this adorable collection should help: