Extra, Extra: The Future Of The Dodgers Is Here
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- The Dodgers' top prospect was called up and will make his Major League debut tonight in San Diego.
- LAUSD will pay an additional $4.5 million to victims of former Miramonte Elementary teacher Mark Berndt.
- Liza Minnelli is selling her pad in New York and moving to Los Angeles. Welcome home, Liza.
- L.A.'s "biggest genre film festival" announced its lineup today, including the L.A. premiere of Hou Hsiao-hsien's The Assassin closing out the fest.
- The heartwarming story of how two neighbors hated each other so much that one erected a giant middle-finger statue in their yard (don't worry, they're friends now).
- The L.A. Times explains why they ran that horrifying photo of the drowned toddler.
- Poor Biebs, still pining for Selena.
- We present to you, Shrek 2. Not the ogre, but the overgrown sheep.
- Finally: Dodgers and Giants fans might have opposing loyalties, but these two kids are pretty cute (Vin Scully thought so too).