Extra, Extra: Seal Surfs Whale, Achieving Life Goal You Didn't Know You Had
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and Like us on Facebook.
- A seal in Australia surfed on the back of a humpback whale, creating the greatest photo in the world (at least for today).
- Just in time for fall (or Ryan Adams' 1989 cover album): a corn maze in the shape of Taylor Swift's face.
- Who says #brands can't be a force for good? Doritos is making rainbow chips in support of the It Gets Better Project.
- A very happy 70th birthday to former Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who once rocked a killer mustache.
- Check out this comprehensive history of the graffiti along the L.A. River.
- If you're a hardcore L.A. cinephile, don't forget to snag your ticket to see all 12 hours of Jacques Rivette's Out 1 at Cinefamily.
- Sorry to be juvenile, but this kinda-gross video of a kid pooping on the floor of a busy supermarket is not only hilarious but also has two punchlines.
- And finally, this guy's cotton candy game is so on-point: