Extra, Extra: Elephants Hate Brunch
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Bertie was just crowned World's Fastest Tortoise and he might even be able to beat The Hare without relying on The Hare sabotaging himself.
- A dashcam in Thailand was able to capture this meteorite as it burned up in the earth's atmosphere.
- RSVP for the third annual Twin Peaks Cocktail Party. With the series most definitely coming back, there's truly something to drink to this year.
- USC football under coach Pete Carroll gets the 30 For 30 treatment with Trojan War. Much like the real Trojan War, things end on a down note for Troy.
- Speaking of USC, Dog Haus and their Kings Hawaiian sweet roll buns will be coming to the Coliseum.
- In an honor truly befitting the presidential candidate, somebody defaced Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Yay more plastic waste! Campbell's Soup K-Cups are on their way.
- You thought your roommate was bad? A man was found guilty of murdering his roommate over a $10 cable bill.
- Brunch haters now have an ally in an elephant that crashed a brunch party in Zimbabwe.
- And finally, meet Ninita: