This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Love Means Throwing Your Toddler A CVS-Themed Party
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A 4-year-old who loves CVS had a birthday party themed like the pharmacy. She should be pals with the kid who had the personal injury lawyer-themed party.
- Here's a man riding a Huell Howser-themed bike during CicLAvia. That's amazing!
- A passenger on a plane flying from Lisbon to Dublin bit another passenger in a violent outburst and then died in flight. A number of packages were reportedly found in his body and have been sent out for testing.
- IHOP made an attempt to make a boob-joke via their social media account, calling their pancakes "flat" but noting they have great personality. It did not go over well.
- Residents of San Fernando are pretty mad that a miscommunication resulted in several of the wrong palm trees being chopped down, ones that had apparently been there for decades and served as a key entryway to the city.
- There's a sexy everything costume these days, but this Sexy Gandalf costume is hilarious.
- Apparently, the Qatari sheikh who was caught drag racing in Beverly Hills is only one of many people who come to L.A. to do the same thing.
- David Lynch is planning on releasing a memoir in 2017. He will be working with journalist Kristine McKenna to dispel "all the bullshit out there about me, in books and all over the Internet."
- Vin Diesel went on an epic D&D quest, playing Kaulder, the witch hunter. Kaudler is a character in Diesel's upcoming film The Last Witch Hunter, which he stars in with Rose Leslie—you may remember her as Ygritte from Game of Thrones.
- Check out this Star Wars-themed plane!
- And finally, here's a corgi dressed up as all 13 doctors from Doctor Who: