This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Can You Contort To A 'Table-Like Shape' While Naked?
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Extras on the set of a forthcoming HBO show were given consent forms that say they'll be "required" to "appear fully nude" and perform a range of simulated sex or "contort to form a table-like shape while being fully nude."
- Today marks the 60th anniversary of James Dean's death. Check out this guide to James Dean landmarks around L.A.
- A guy mainly known to the world as @fart was on CNN talking about Edward Snowden (sorta). Unsurprisingly, it was another case of CNN not doing their due diligence.
- A really, really ugly fish turned up in Scotland.
- Can the indie film distributor that brought us Spring Breakers and Under The Skin save The Industry?
- Ever wanted to eat a Christmas meal in Hogwarts' Great Hall from the Harry Potter films? Now you can!
- A hybrid wolf-dog named Karma had her life spared by a judge in Orange County. She'll be sent to a wolf-dog sanctuary (that exists, apparently!) in North Carolina.
- Atchoum the Persian cat isn't mean, his excessive hair just makes him seem that way. "I'm hairy not scary!!" Follow him on Instagram.
- Dog is this dude's copilot—albeit a pretty bad one.
- Finally, here's a swarm of baby river otters, because nothing could be better:
Stephanie Arne otter happinessOTTER SWIM CONTEST OPPORTUNITY!Dive into this Nurtured By Nature Giveaway for your chance to meet Stephanie Arne, host of Wild Kingdom TV and swim with our otter ambassadors! Enter by sharing this otter pup video with the #ArneAdventure as well as liking www.facebook.com/StephanieArne and www.facebook.com/swimwithotters - Visit: http://www.stephaniearne.com/otterlyamazingcontest/ for contest details.
Posted by Wendy Yates on Monday, September 21, 2015
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Pickets are being held outside at movie and TV studios across the city
For some critics, this feels less like a momentous departure and more like a footnote.
Disneyland's famous "Fantasmic!" show came to a sudden end when its 45-foot animatronic dragon — Maleficent — burst into flames.
Leads Ali Wong and Steven Yeun issue a joint statement along with show creator Lee Sung Jin.
Every two years, Desert X presents site-specific outdoor installations throughout the Coachella Valley. Two Los Angeles artists have new work on display.