Extra, Extra: Bill Clinton Was At The Broad's Opening Gala Last Night
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Bill Clinton was at the new Broad museum's opening gala Friday night, getting a personal tour from his longtime buddies, Eli and Edye Broad, reports the L.A. Times. Clinton reminisced about the good old days, telling theTimes that his bromance with Eli began through his wife Hillary, who was then serving as the art collector's lawyer. "I looked up one day and Eli was in my living room, and my life has never been the same." Aww! How sweet! Of the museum, Clinton said, "I love it... It’s really important, the idea of democratizing access to art."
- The West Hollywood City Council might restrict the presence of chain stores in WeHo. Similar measures have been taken in San Francisco and Miami, and proponents say "Independent, locally-owned stores tend to be more engaged and connected to the community."
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wrote a detective novel.
- The great and powerful Anjelica Huston will be joining the cast of Transparent next season.
- The L.A. Times' Steve Lopez tried his hand at driving for Uber. His passengers were all pretty chill, but don't expect him to leave his day job.
- Rapper Lil Dicky made a star-studded video featuring a random assortment of #celebs and musicians like Fetty Wap, Tom Petty, and Broad City's Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer for a budget of ...zero dollars. Check out the relatively NSFW video below: