This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: A Famous Hollywood Magician You've Never Heard Of
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Franz Harary is a Hollywood-based magician whose publicist touts him as 'the most famous magician on planet Earth…you've never heard of.'
- Here's a seemingly pleasant, old map of the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, the final resting place of Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson.
- A 109-year-old Scottish woman says the secret to living a long life is staying away from men. "They're just more trouble than they're worth," she said.
- Actor Ralph Richeson, who played Grand Central hotel employee Richardson on Deadwood, died Tuesday of heart failure at 63.
- North West, the 2-year-old daughter of Kimye, told the paparazzi to leave her alone yesterday while headed to ballet class. "I said no pictures!"
- Actress Juliet Landau, who played the deranged vampire Drusilla on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, is crowdfunding to make a documentary on vampires. The film will features the likes of Buffy and Firefly creator Joss Whedon, director Tim Burton, Dracula actor Gary Oldman and Interview with the Vampire author Anne Rice.
- The South Carolina deputy who was caught on video violently arresting a teenage girl in her math classroom has been fired.
- A man dressed like Aladdin and turned a hoverboard into a magic carpet.
- A witch from Salem won in court over a New Orleans warlock. The witch accused him of harassing her via late-night phone calls and the Internet. The witch is also psychic, and predicted this outcome.
- The Honest Trailers take on the Back to the Future trilogy sums things up pretty well, especially in light of all the recent 30th anniversary events for the second film.
- And finally, here's a cat who went on a quest to borrow a plush tiger toy from the neighbors.