Extra, Extra: Whoa, Ronda Rousey Is Going To Star In 'Road House' Remake
Time is running out to keep LAist funded.
It's the FINAL DAY of our June Member Drive and we are behind on our goal to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Plus, your gift's impact will be twice as strong because it will be matched dollar for dollar!
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Remember your embarrassing MySpace photos? Turns out Mad Max star Tom Hardy has a few of those too. He says he's not 'even remotely ashamed' of them.
- Here's a rendering from 1956 that shows what Bunker Hill could have looked like.
- Toronto is getting a Harry Potter-themed bar called The Lockhart that features boozy elixirs like "Befuddlement Brew," "The Shacklebolt" and "Ludo's Debt."
- Oregon got its first In-N-Out today. The lines were, of course, long.
- Sugary citrus soda Surge is coming back for some reason. Though it doesn't seem to have hit any store shelves in SoCal yet.
- Pain don't hurt. MMA fighter Ronda Rousey is apparently going to star in an MGM remake of the greatest film ever made. That would be Road House, originally starring Patrick Swayze, obviously. She has received the blessing of Swayze's widow.
- AMC has picked up Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's TV adaptation of Garth Ennis’ Preacher comics! Given their success with The Walking Dead, this might actually fare better than NBC's short-lived adaptation of Constantine. Preacher is about Jesse Custer, a preacher in small-town Texas who becomes possessed.
- And finally, here's a goat who has discovered the joy of slides: