ICYMI: Here's What The 10 Freeway Looked Like In The 1980s
The Venice canals. (Photo courtesy of recathect on Instagram — tag #LAist if you want to see your photo featured here)
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Here's what driving on the 10 freeway in the 1980s looked like.
- What movies and TV shows do astronauts watch in space? Here's a full list.
- Download the South Korean copycat Snapchat before it gets lame.
- Sarah Koenig discusses Adnan Syed’s new trial: "It was a long shot."
- Stephen Colbert told a charming story about how he met his wife.
- Why does this man keep "dying" in terrorist attacks?
- Get ready for a Stop Making Sense parody, courtesy of Fred Armisen and Bill Hader.
- KKK Grand Wizard David Duke rushes to defend Trump on that whole anti-Semitism thing.
- If you love The Avalanches even a little bit, do yourself a favor and carve out 13 minutes today to watch this excellent promo video for their excellent new record.
- Great news Internet: Browser, the cat of the White Settlement Public Library in Texas, will get to keep his job and home.
- It is a BIG deal when sloths poop.
- And finally, nothing is nicer than a Husky head massage: