Amazon Announces New Pilots, Featuring Tig Notaro & A Zelda Fitzgerald Series
Notaro and Ricci will both star in new pilots for Amazon. (Getty)
Today Amazon announced a slew of new pilots in their original programming lineup, including shows from Sacha Baron Cohen and Tig Notaro, all set to debut later this Fall.
Louis C.K. and Diablo Cody worked on Notaro's show, called One Mississippi, as director and producer, respectively. The NY Times describes it as an "autobiographical project... loosely based on her life, and stars her as a woman returning to her Mississippi hometown to deal with the death of her mother." The other shows will be:
- Highston, a comedy starring Lewis Pullman as a man forced into therapy by his parents, with cameos in the pilot from Shaq and Flea. Baron Cohen is listed as executive producer.
- Edge is a post-Civil War era Western based on George G. Gilman's book series of the same name, starring Max Martini.
- Z is a biopic based on the life of Zelda Fitzgerald and starring Christina Ricci.
- Good Girls Revolt is based on the Lynn Povich book and focuses on landmark sexual discrimination cases. This stars Genevieve Angelson, Anna Camp, Erin Darke, and Grace Gummer, who will play Nora Ephron.
- Patriot is a thriller based on an intelligence officer, starring Michael Dorman.
As per Amazon's way, all of the pilots won't be turned into shows (though you can be certain Notaro's will). Just like last time (hey, whatever happened to Cosmopolitans?), viewers will help decide which get turned into a full series, and once they're picked up, you'll have to be an Amazon Prime member to view them.