Officials Confirm 1,590 New COVID-19 Cases In LA, And Four Deaths
L.A. County’s Department of Public Health on Sunday confirmed 1,590 new cases of the coronavirus and four new deaths attributed to the disease in the past 24 hours. The number of daily cases is going up, but the seven-day average is going down, according to the department.
Today’s numbers bring the total in the region to 309,190 positive cases and 7,074 deaths. To date, more than 3.14 million coronavirus tests have been conducted in L.A. County, with a positivity rate of 9%.
There are currently 799 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in the county, with 28% of those individuals in the ICU.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE:
- California Doubles Its Coronavirus Testing Capacity
- LA Food Trucks Try Not To Lose Their Lunch During The Pandemic
- The Coronavirus Economy Hurts LA Latinos The Most
- Want A Free COVID Test? Now You Can Get One In LA County
- More Kids Are Testing Positive For The Coronavirus In LA