First Death From Coronavirus Reported In LA County
The first death in Los Angeles County from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel was a woman over 60 with underlying health conditions who was visiting friends in the area. She was not a resident, and she had an extensive travel history over the past month, including a long layover in South Korea.
That announcement was made by L.A. County Department of Public Health director Dr. Barbara Ferrer today at a press conference.
Ferrer said so far there are 27 confirmed cases in the county, which includes three cases reported by the Long Beach Health Department.
Of the six new cases she announced Wednesday, Ferrer said one of them is the county's second presumed case of community spread.
Ferrer said we need to be prepared to see many more cases.
You can watch the full press conference below:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.