You've Got Questions About Unemployment Benefits. We've Got Answers
You've sent us hundreds of questions about unemployment benefits.
They run the gamut:
- Are freelancers and self-employed still eligible for benefits even if the federal aid has dried up for now?
- Can self-employed people get benefits if they also got a loan from the Payroll Protection Program?
- If I go back to work part-time, will I lose my benefits?
- If I lost my job, got it back, then lost it again, how do I restart my benefits?
And probably the most commonly asked question:
- How can I get a real live person at the Employment Development Department to talk to me? I've been calling for months and have never reached a human.
You've got questions, we've got answers!
READ OUR Q&A ON UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:
WE ARE HERE TO HELP: HOW TO (NEW) LA
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Getting The Most Money Possible From Your Unemployment Benefits In California
- What's Open And What Are The Rules?
- Is It Safe Out There?
- What To Do If You Have It, Might Have It, Or Were Possibly Exposed To The Coronavirus
- An FBI Hostage Negotiator Tells Us How To Talk To People About Masks
- Need Some Mental Health Support? Start Here
- The 5 Most Important Things To Know About The Outside World