Blue Ridge Fire: Blaze Burns Over 14,300 Acres; Containment At 16%; Evacuation Orders Lifted
This story is no longer being updated. Follow our coverage of the Blue Ridge Fire for Thursday, Oct. 29 >>
This story was last updated at 6:15 p.m.
The Blue Ridge Fire continues to burn in both Orange and San Bernardino counties, threatening homes in Chino Hills and Yorba Linda.
But all evacuations and warnings were lifted at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Here's what we know so far:
- Acreage: 14,334 (down from earlier estimate after "better mapping")
- Containment: 16%
- Structures threatened: 20,099
- Structures damaged/destroyed: one structure destroyed, seven damaged, per CalFire
- Resources deployed: 1,000 firefighters
Strong winds are helping spread the flames, according to CalFire, with gusts between 30 and 50 mph. Forecasts predict those winds will start to let up this evening; fire crews will likely take advantage of the lull to build containment lines.
- Northbound 71 at 91
- Southbound Euclid at 71
- Santiago Canyon at Ridgeline
- Northbound 241 at Alton
HOW DOES THIS IMPACT VOTING?
All ballots in the affected drop boxes have been retrieved and secured by Registrar of Voters’ Ballot Collection Teams under escort by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.
You can find updated ballot dropbox info here.
HOW WE’RE REPORTING ON THIS
This is a developing story. We fact-check everything and rely only on information from credible sources (think fire, police, government officials and reporters on the ground). Sometimes, however, we make mistakes and/or initial reports turn out to be wrong. In all cases, we strive to bring you the most accurate information in real time and will update this story as new information becomes available.
- Red Flag Warnings Issued. Why You Should Be Ready To Evacuate
- Every Day Is Fire Season. Here's How Angelenos Can Prepare Right Now
- How To Find Out About Fire Evacuations In Your Area
- How To Keep Yourself Safe From Wildfire Smoke
- The Air Is Brown — Should I Wear A Mask?
- This Is Why Fire Officials Don't Want You To Stay And Defend Your Home
- What Does 'Containment' Of A Fire Mean, Exactly?
- What Does A 'Red Flag Warning' Mean, Exactly?
- What To Do — And Not Do — When You Get Home After A Wildfire
- How To Avoid Getting Towed During LA's Red Flag Parking Restrictions
- If You Want To Help Fire Victims, Resist The Urge To Volunteer
YOUR QUESTIONS OR IDEAS