Antelope Valley Gets Mass COVID-19 Vaccination Site In Lancaster
Kaiser Permanente and the city of Lancaster open a mass COVID-19 vaccination site today at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds. It’s open to all eligible residents regardless of insurance.
At first, the site will be able to administer up to 1,000 vaccinations per day; organizers want to expand to 10,000 per week when more vaccine doses become available.
Qualifying residents with appointments can drive or take a city bus from one of four pickup locations set up by the Antelope Valley Transit Authority, said Alison Segal, chief administrative officer of Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley:
“[Antelope Valley Transit Authority] is going to have four pickup spots both in Palmdale and Lancaster at their main hubs and they will drop off over at the [Antelope Valley] Fairgrounds for people who have appointments for vaccinations.”
MORE FROM LAIST
- Answers To Your COVID-19 Vaccine Questions — Safety, Eligibility, Access, And Much More
- How To Schedule Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment In Southern California
- How To Get The Second Dose Of Vaccine — And Everything You Need To Know About It
- Long Beach Mistakenly Emailed Vaccine Appointments To Hundreds Of Non-Eligible Residents
- Food And Agriculture Workers Can Now Get Vaccinated In LA County
- FDA Authorizes Johnson & Johnson's One-Shot COVID-19 Vaccine
- Essential Workers In LA County Will Be Able To Make Vaccine Appointments As Soon As This Weekend
- Vaccine Line-Cutters Are Stealing Spots Meant For Residents Of Black And Latino Neighborhoods
- As Big Clinics Close Pending Vaccine Resupply, Some Small Clinics Remain Open
Our news is free on LAist. To make sure you get our coverage: Sign up for our daily newsletter. To support our non-profit public service journalism: Donate Now.
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.