Ask All Your Questions! Pregnancy and Birth, the Real Deal - A Live AMA
Pregnancy is a time of transition, with so many unknowns. Your body’s changing in all kinds of ways and you’re feeling all the feels. And there are so many questions. Like:
- How do I even get this baby out of my body, anyway?
- Where do I start with family leave?
- How will I be able to take care of a tiny new human?
If you’re a parent-to-be of color, there are extra layers. We know that the health and mortality stats about Black babies and mothers don’t look good. Trans and non-binary people giving birth also struggle to find competent care. So what tools do you need to buck the trends and have a “safe and sacred” birth? And how can you tap into the wisdom of generations past to feel confident, capable, and supported as you navigate this transition to your future role?
If you’re nodding to any of these things, you’re in the right place. Join KPCC/LAist’s Early Childhood reporter Mariana Dale (she/her) and special guests to talk through pregnancy and the birthing experience. Ask your questions live and get some answers.
- Brandi Jordan (she/her), doula, founder of The Cradle Company, and host of the podcast Dear Doula
- Charlene Amey MSN, RNC-OB (she/her), Perinatal Manager, MLK Community Healthcare
- Denise Cervantes (she/her), parent coach and psychotherapist, Maternal and Child Health Access