AirTalk LIVE: COVID Doctors Retrospective
For the past three years, AirTalk has dedicated hundreds of on-air hours to COVID-19 coverage. From updates on case numbers to changes in health orders to the latest innovations in vaccine technology, host Larry Mantle (he/him) has brought you the most up-to-date information on how the pandemic affects your daily life. One of the ways AirTalk has been able to deliver this information in such an immediate manner has been tapping into a powerhouse line-up of doctors working on the frontlines. Each week, these healthcare superstars joined Larry on air to talk through the current state of the pandemic and answer your questions live. And we’ve heard over and over from listeners how much this has meant to them, so we’re bringing the doctors together for a special live event. Join Larry and the COVID doctors as we reflect on three years of living through a pandemic and to hear what they envision for the future.
This event is presented in partnership with Caltech.
The doctors are in! Here’s who will be joining the conversation:
- Dr. Dean Blumberg, Chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Professor, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, UC Davis Health
- Dr. Peter Chin-Hong, Professor, UCSF Health Division of Infectious Diseases
- Dr. Kristen Choi, PHD, RN, FAAN, Assistant Professor, UCLA Nursing
- Dr. Shruti Gohil, Associate Medical Director, Epidemiology & Infection Prevention, Infectious Diseases, Assistant Professor, Infectious, Diseases School of Medicine, UC Irvine
- Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, Professor, Departments of Epidemiology and Community Health Sciences at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Dr. Kimberly Shriner, Director, Infectious Disease and Prevention, Huntington Hospital
Event sponsored in part by:
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
In order to ensure the health and safety commitments we have made with our guests, staff, and artists, event attendees must present a photo ID and proof of COVID vaccination before entering the building. Masks are required while indoors during all events. Health and safety measures are subject to change. By attending an LAist program as an in-person attendee, you agree to assume all risk associated with attending this event, including potential exposure to COVID-19, as permitted by applicable law. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
LAist is committed to providing access and accommodation for individuals with disabilities at our events. To request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (626) 585-5222 at least 7 days in advance of the event.