This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Your Saturday Morning News
- Fares will be raised in July, but where does that leave new rail plans?
- Downtown's Broadway as a Transit Mall. Let's do it.
- The 405 sucks and will always suck.
- No more fatty cops for the LAPD.
- Taserfest, Part II: Simi Valley
- Federal officials shut down Southern California's airspace for 48 minutes yesterday.
- Teens who caused Hollywood Hills in March did not get charged.
- Carl's Jr. who has the dumbest ads in the world, is upset that Jack in the Box ads are funny. So they sued Jack over making fun of Angus.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.