Extra, Extra: 'New Eating Disorder On Rise In Calif.'
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Yeah, you read that headline pulled straight from KNBC. Extreme health food junkies have a new name disorder to classify themselves by: orthorexia.
- "Urban birds are changing their tunes. It's hard for them to communicate over the cacophony of the city, so they're adapting by ditching their 'rich mix of enchanting melodies and calls' in favor of 'a strangely depleted music – abrupt, high-pitched and sometimes ear-piercing.'"
- After 791 performances and 12 previews, Wicked at the Pantages will close on January 11, 2009. Hollywood and Vine will never be the same, weep. Okay, moving on...
- What's better? Odd emaciated looking soft-core girls or Woody Allen? American Apparel says yes to both! Woody says give me $10 million in a lawsuit.
- Changing faces at KCBS and KCAL: 10-15 people have lost their jobs including Harold Greene, Ann Martinand and reporters Jennifer Sabih and Jennifer Davis
- Attention Richard Neutra fans, there's a Silver Lake rental on the market.
- This morning, Blogdowntown relaunched with a wicked redesign while yesterday saw news of another downtown blog, Angelenic, announce a slow-down.
- Dancing with the Stars professional and partner to Shannon Elizabeth, Derek Hough, injured his neck today in rehearsal, forcing him to sit tonight's show out.