This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Xeni's Top 10 Best Consumer Electronics Stores in LA
Because she's perfect, when we asked her to compile a list, she chose "Top ten places to buy things that consume electricity in LA" whose title alone made us smile.
(1) Samy's Cameras on Fairfax (http://www.samys.com/)
(2) Fry's in Burbank (http://www.frys.com/)
(3) Apple store in the Grove (http://www.apple.com/retail/thegrove/ week/20061210.html)
(4) APEX electronics (http://www.apexelectronic.com/)
(5) Giant Robot (http://www.giantrobot.com/)
(6) Liz's Antique Hardware (http://lahardware.com/)
(7) Wherever you can find a local Tesla Motors sales rep (http://www.teslamotors.com)
(8) Guitar Center (http://www.guitarcenter.com/)
(9) Sur La Table at the Grove (http://www.surlatable.com)
(10) Lockheed Martin Skunk Works (think big, buy a stealth bomber or an invisible solar death ray -- it's in Palmdale) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Works)
photo of Xeni floating in microgravity by Jim Campbell