What Yesterday's Rain Brought Us
Rain is always a nice change of pace to life in the city, but sometimes it doesn't bring the good out of it. As the storm heads East, here's what it left behind:
- 280 car accidents between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. in LA County. An average may be around 75 in the same time frame on a normal day.
- 1.14 inches dropped in downtown Los Angeles.
- 10 hours of no electricity for 25,500 customers in Northridge
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN) had no power as well, therefore, day off!
- In the mountains, more snow is expected today making a total of 3 to 7 inches (okay, this is better news).
- Worries in wildfire burn areas about mudslides and flash floods throughout the county.
Photo by Clinton Steeds via Flickr