Week Around the Ists
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
Photo via Gothamist
- Gothamist, when not reflecting on 2009, was disturbed by a video of a violent fight on a 6 train—a woman who had repeatedly tried to break up the altercation by pleading "please stop" and "don't do it" was struck in the face.
- Phillyist took another listen to their favorite songs of 2009.
- Chicagoist counted down their top 9 stories of 2009, topped off by President Obama's Inauguration and the city's failed 2016 Olympics bid.
- Londonist cut through the doom and gloom with some post-economic-downturn stock-taking.
- Bostonist celebrated the end of 2009 by listing Ten Things We Hated last year.
- LAist's Film Editor revealed his picks for the 10 Best Movies of 2009 and they aren't necessarily everyone else's favorites.
- Torontoist took a look back at their most popular articles of 2009, a perfect primer to the city's big stories for out-of-towners.
- Seattlest ventured to the warehouse district for some authentic Hawaiian food.
- SFist, in lieu of snorting the city's cocaine supply cut with animal deworming medication, celebrated the new year by shunning moments of 2009.