This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
Photo by Clayton Hauck
- Chicagoist occupied itself with Twilight and pillow fights.
- Seattlest reminded us that we don't watch Mariners baseball for the game, we watch it for the player-on-player bromance.
- Phillyist got personal this week, calling the man who stole a staffer's purse their official asshole of the week.
- Torontoist thought about personal blogging, with special guest Lauren White (known better on the internet as Raymi the Minx).
- Austinist had a chat with John Krasinski (Jim on The Office) about adapting David Foster Wallace's Brief Interviews with Hideous Men for the big screen.
- Shanghaiist stopped making out in public, after getting wind that there was a group of PDA police tasked with ensuring that our displays of affection stay off the streets.
- Gothamist was sad to hear that a dog which was brutally beaten and thrown off a building was, after being nursed back to health, euthanized by the ASPCA, which determined her to be too aggressive.
- SFist wondered who paid for Mayor Gavin Newsom's life coach.
- LAist interviewed Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe, stirring up talk of still-hot topics like John McCain, Rev. Wright, political journalism, and the concept of change.
- DCist watched as a real life nature show unfolded at the National Zoo when a deer wandered in to the lion habitat on a busy Sunday afternoon.
- Londonist mourned (or celebrated) the demise of poor quality free evening newspapers and loved/hated bendy buses on busy routes.