Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
Photo by Clayton Hauck
- Chicagoist occupied itself with Twilight and pillow fights.
- Seattlest reminded us that we don't watch Mariners baseball for the game, we watch it for the player-on-player bromance.
- Phillyist got personal this week, calling the man who stole a staffer's purse their official asshole of the week.
- Torontoist thought about personal blogging, with special guest Lauren White (known better on the internet as Raymi the Minx).
- Austinist had a chat with John Krasinski (Jim on The Office) about adapting David Foster Wallace's Brief Interviews with Hideous Men for the big screen.
- Shanghaiist stopped making out in public, after getting wind that there was a group of PDA police tasked with ensuring that our displays of affection stay off the streets.
- Gothamist was sad to hear that a dog which was brutally beaten and thrown off a building was, after being nursed back to health, euthanized by the ASPCA, which determined her to be too aggressive.
- SFist wondered who paid for Mayor Gavin Newsom's life coach.
- LAist interviewed Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe, stirring up talk of still-hot topics like John McCain, Rev. Wright, political journalism, and the concept of change.
- DCist watched as a real life nature show unfolded at the National Zoo when a deer wandered in to the lion habitat on a busy Sunday afternoon.
- Londonist mourned (or celebrated) the demise of poor quality free evening newspapers and loved/hated bendy buses on busy routes.