This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
- Torontoist checked out the weird and wonderful sights on their city's newly launched version of Google Street View, including this keeper.
- Gothamist was part amazed and part horrified by this crazed fight between a taxi driver and pedicab driver.
- Shanghaiist rolled their eyes as Jackie Chan put his foot in his mouth yet again, insinuating during an interview that the heavens cleared themselves for China's national day parade (no, Jackie, an anti-rain airforce squad did), that he would've been shot dead if he shook President Hu Jintao's hand, and that Chinese from overseas are traitors (Jackie has an American passport).
- Seattlest caught up with one of the city's many new and promising aquatic-themed bands.
- Bostonist put on our best jackets for the annual Boston Tweed (Bike) Ride, complete with "splendid haberdashery" and some damn fine mustaches.
- LAist was as amazed and delighted as many fans of our boys of the Big Blue when the Dodgers clinched game 2 of their NL division series (and went on the complete the sweep two days later!) Go Dodgers!
- DCist lost their minds over the cuteness of the National Zoo's new baby dama gazelle.
- Londonist had a good look at how the 2012 Olympic Park is shaping up.
- Chicagoist, while dealing with the 2016 Olympics fallout, were once again caught by surprise, this time by the awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to the city's most famous resident.
- Phillyist HQ is located in the birthplace of our country, so the staff—and their commenters—thought it only appropriate to weigh in on POTUS's new prize.
- SFist was shocked to see this video of two women getting into a fistfight on a Muni bus.