Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Torontoist gawked at photos of all the celebrities who made it to this year's Toronto International Film Festival: George Clooney! Megan Fox! Ewan McGregor! Natalie Portman! And co-star of the smash hit White Chicks, Marlon Wayans!
- Shanghaiist found out that somebody (possibly government related) is sending journalists in China targeted malware ridden emails, though we haven't figured out why yet.
- Seattlest enjoyed the songs and F-bombs of the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia live show.
- Bostonist analyzed why LA doesn't like Boston and why Catholics don't like reiki.
- LAist realized that there's a clear media East Coast bias that's selling LA sports teams short...in favor of...Boston?! Shudder.
- Gothamist found out that the same fish has been residing in a Queens pet store's fish tank for the past 41 years. Also, his name is Buttkiss.
- Chicagoist sat down with writer/director Kevin Smith and found he had a lot to say.
- DCist followed the arrest on bribery charges of the chief of staff of a popular city councilman and all the details still unfolding in the case.
- Phillyist ran the gamut of funny this week. Very funny: an interview with Christian Finnegan; not funny at all: wrapping a cat in duct tape and leaving it to die.
- Londonist did a couple of shifts on Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth.
- SFist saw a PETA protester smack Ronald McDonald in the face with a pie at a kids' event.