This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Week Around the Ists
- Gothamist had a crazy week: First Kanye disses Taylor, then the city health department suggests banning smoking in parks and beaches...and then a local news anchor said, "Keep fucking that chicken."
- Torontoist interviewed Dan Zinman, a man aiming to offer the province of Alberta—sorry, that'll soon be Colberta—to Stephen Colbert.
- Seattlest got angry about the environmental impact of the cruise ships that dock in downtown Seattle.
- Chicagoist distracted itself with the best campaign announcement video it's ever seen.
- Bostonist caught The Nightman Cometh, starring the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and took some photos as proof.
- Londonist took it upon themselves to massively simplify the London tube map for the benefit of visitors.
- Phillyist feared for its city libraries when a state budget impasse threatened their closure.
- DCist was recovering from having their city be overrun with 9/12 & tea party protesters last weekend.
- SFist did what San Fransicans love best: navel gazing. This week they reflected on the size and scope of the city via a David Bryne quote.
- LAist reported that the MagLev train from Anaheim to Las Vegas is more "it will happen" than "wishful thinking"--but Republicans still think it's "wasteful spending."