Week Around the Ists
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Gothamist had a crazy week: First Kanye disses Taylor, then the city health department suggests banning smoking in parks and beaches...and then a local news anchor said, "Keep fucking that chicken."
- Torontoist interviewed Dan Zinman, a man aiming to offer the province of Alberta—sorry, that'll soon be Colberta—to Stephen Colbert.
- Seattlest got angry about the environmental impact of the cruise ships that dock in downtown Seattle.
- Chicagoist distracted itself with the best campaign announcement video it's ever seen.
- Bostonist caught The Nightman Cometh, starring the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and took some photos as proof.
- Londonist took it upon themselves to massively simplify the London tube map for the benefit of visitors.
- Phillyist feared for its city libraries when a state budget impasse threatened their closure.
- DCist was recovering from having their city be overrun with 9/12 & tea party protesters last weekend.
- SFist did what San Fransicans love best: navel gazing. This week they reflected on the size and scope of the city via a David Bryne quote.
- LAist reported that the MagLev train from Anaheim to Las Vegas is more "it will happen" than "wishful thinking"--but Republicans still think it's "wasteful spending."