Week Around the Ists
LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.
Photo courtesy of Yollocalli
- Chicagoist saw controversy erupt when a youth-painted pro-immigration mural was defaced with racist graffiti.
- Torontoist was shocked to discover the mythical chupacabra! Actually, a raccoon with alopecia, it turned out.
- Houstonist was surprised at President Obama's selection for the "beer summit" and suggested that the president stock the White House fridge with Texas beer.
- Bostonist marveled over an X-Men Mural in Allston.
- Gothamist found out that if you're a deputy press aide to an elected official, calling President Obama "O-Dumb-a," saying Henry Louis Gates Jr. is a racist, and defending racial profiling isn't the way to job security.
- Shanghaiist climbed to the top of a local bridge, called the Lupu Qiao, and it liked the view.
- LAist assembled a map of all the Downtown LA locations that starred in the season's sleeper hit film 500 Days of Summer.
- Londonist enjoyed sunset views of the city from a temporary bar on top of a Peckham multi-storey car park.
- Phillyist encouraged its readers to save their local libraries.
- Seattlest posted all through the incredible heat wave the likes of which no one in the world has experienced before, with an all-time high of 103 effin' degrees.
- SFist came across this rather lovely note stuck to a contributor's windshield.