Week Around the Ists
Photograph of Kermit the Frog in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade by Jen Chung
- Gothamist was horrified when an out-of-control crowd fatally trampled a Wal-Mart worker on Black Friday.
- Shanghaiist looks at media reports of the supposed ban of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy.
- Bostonist saw a lot of hats and a lot of legs while drinking a lot of booze at a pretend USO Show.
- LAist joined Weezer's Rivers Cuomo for his latest hootenanny in Long Beach. As always, the jam session was a blast.
- DCist followed the escapades of one of the city's dumbest criminals, who not only hailed a cab right after robbing a bank, but did so while not wearing any underpants.
- Phillyist and its readers debated whether stuffing should be prepared inside the bird or out.
- Chicagoist shared the SNL love for Rahm Emanuel, looked at the CTA's attempt to keep homeless people off the trains, and discussed the merits of protesting Black Friday.
- SFist sparked a heated debate over congestion pricing, a plan that could hit the streets of San Francisco in 2009.
- Seattlest had front-row seats for the thrilling Case of the Stolen Hitler Bookmark, and also divulged a recipe for fantastic pumpkin pancakes.
- Torontoist checked out Google's new home in downtown Toronto.
- Londonist gawped at archive images of a vanished London.